Header Ads

Do past mistakes define us? Syd Hartha, Sarah Barrios ask in ‘All My Sins’

I’m sure we’ve all been there before. We’re sitting in solace when suddenly, our brain decides to randomly bring up a mistake we made in the past. We then cringe at the naivety of our younger selves, and depending on our mindset, we either laugh it off or let it define our present day.

It’s this musing that ‘All My Sins’ attempts to capture. Made in collaboration between American artist Sarah Barrios and rising OPM act syd hartha, the electro-pop jam uses a nostalgic, clubby feel to explore how much hold should our past have on us.

‘For me, this song is about thinking through all of the mistakes you’ve made and asking the question of, ‘Am I a bad person? Or am I just too hard on myself?’, said Sarah.

‘I’m definitely an over-thinker and a perfectionist, so sometimes I find myself in this place’.

On working with syd, the singer-songwriter had nothing but praise for the Filipino indie darling.

‘Her voice was so calming and yet also, so powerful and after binge-watching all of her videos on YouTube, I just knew she would be the perfect person to help bring this song to life’.

Sarah is just one of many who have recognized syd for her potential to grow beyond just being tagged as the daughter of a local music legend. She’s been nominated as Best New Artist at the 2020 MYX Awards, won ‘Best Folk Recording’ at the 33rd Awit Awards, and notched over 10 million streams on Spotify.

syd’s career only continues to grow, as ‘All My Sins’ represents her first time working with an international artist. But even with the current pandemic and the significant time zones, the recording process went smoothly.

‘Working with Sarah has been amazing’, described syd. ‘She was very welcoming and chill. It’s an honor to work with an artist like her’.

The post <b> Do past mistakes define us? Syd Hartha, Sarah Barrios ask in ‘All My Sins’ </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.