Header Ads

Fern captures that ‘no labels, no problem’ vibe in ‘Whatever This Is’

If you’re a part of the dating population, you’ve probably found yourself getting pressed when it comes to the idea of labels. Is this exclusive or nah? Are we boyfriend/girlfriend? What do we even call ourselves if we’re not?

But in the midst of all this confusion, one thing remains true: We’re probably just genuinely happy to be with our SO. It’s this simplicity that Fern captures in his comeback single ‘Whatever This Is’.

‘It’s about being in a relationship but not knowing where it’s heading. Just enjoying and being in the moment’, describes Fern.

‘It’s very candid, it’s not a love story or anything’.

The PARADISE RISING artist has been busy behind the scenes since his hiatus as a performer prior to ‘Whatever This Is’. Just this past year, the singer-songwriter has produced for other artists such as Kakie Pangilinan, Nadine Lustre, and TALA.

Finding success in his work, Fern admits he had a phase where he preferred his role as a producer as opposed to being the main act.

‘I’m really not the biggest fan of attention’, he confides, noting that this served as a challenge for his return. But fast forward to today, Fern says he now finds a sense of fulfillment in his dual role.

‘As a performer, I draw a lot of satisfaction from my listeners. I write music for everything that I feel, so when my audience gets what I’m feeling and they find comfort in it, it’s a special thing’.

‘When I’m writing for other artists, it’s like I’m picking their brains’, said the self-confessed music nerd. ‘I geek out over the technical stuff, what fits their voice, etc. It’s a learning experience’.

‘To hear their stories, I’m like, thank you for the therapy session’.

Fern and his new single ‘Whatever This Is’ is now available on Spotify and other streaming platforms via Island Records Philippines.

Without AWorry Chilling GIF - WithoutAWorry Chilling NoProblem - Discover & Share GIFs

The post <b> Fern captures that ‘no labels, no problem’ vibe in ‘Whatever This Is’ </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.