Header Ads

Can’t believe Anya Taylor-Joy thinks she’s too ‘weird-looking’ to be in films

ICYMI, our collective crush Anya Taylor-Joy got the nod for Best Actress in a Limited Series in this year’s Golden Globes, thanks to her role as chess master Beth Harmon in Netflix’s The Queen’s Gambit. The win is her first in any major acting category, beating out the likes of Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman.

But apart from the milestone, Anya made headlines for being an absolute bombshell. The 24-year-old wore an emerald-green Dior gown for the night, and by god, did she leave everyone’s jaw on the floor.

It’s hard to fathom then that the blonde stunner actually disagrees with the world’s consensus of her being attractive as hell. In an interview back in November with The Sun, Anya has always felt like she’s too ‘weird-looking’ to be in films.

‘I have never and I don’t think I will ever think of myself as beautiful‘, she shared.

‘I don’t think I’m beautiful enough to be in films. It sounds pathetic and my boyfriend warns me people will think I’m an absolute d*** for saying these things, but I just think I’m weird-looking’.

She adds that she can’t watch her films in the cinema. ‘I’ll watch it before. The beauty of being in your own skin is that you don’t have to look at your own face’.

While she didn’t give a specific reason for her anxiety, Anya did allude to being bullied and misunderstood as a child, largely due to the cultural divide caused by her move from Argentina to London.

But over the years, Anya has learned to accept that a lot of people – with ‘a lot’ being an understatement – see her as someone who’s a beauty.

‘I have made it a practice in my life to not turn down compliments. If somebody says I look pretty today, I just say thank you’.

Youre Pretty GIFs | Tenor

The post <b> Can’t believe Anya Taylor-Joy thinks she’s too ‘weird-looking’ to be in films </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.