Header Ads

December, you’re the last one, so don’t f*ck this up

I can still vividly remember the time when Hanz Cua was mercilessly trolled by the Internet. During the first few months of the pandemic, the Feng shui expert was roasted for predicting that 2020 was going to be prosperous. Between COVID-19 and the disaster-of-the-month plotline, it’s hard to see the year as anything but.

Cua later reiterated that his predictions are… well… predictions and only meant to serve as a guide. He added that the year is far from done and that prosperity is not only measured in monetary value, but also in times spent with our families, our self-growth, among other things.

Now, I’m the last person to chalk up their fate to the stars. I can barely keep up with horoscopes, zodiacs, astrology, or whatever the craze is called. And regardless if Cua was simply blurting an excuse, I can’t help but think that he has a point.

Master Hanz Cua (@masterHanz168) | Twitter
Can’t believe I kinda agree with this dude

It’s December once again, that time of the year where hope springs eternal. Right now, my social is praying to the month like it’s the patron saint of optimism. ‘Let’s end on a high note!’. ‘Please give us a perfect ending!’. ‘December, you’re the last one, so be the best one!‘.

Such is the spirit of the holidays. Personally, do I believe that the next 31 days will drop a plot twist so great, it could make up for all of the heartaches? That somehow a magical reset button is waiting for us at the end?

I don’t think so.

That’s not to say we can’t have a ‘good’ end to 2020. For all of its tragedies, I think COVID-19 has shifted our perspective of what defines a ‘good’ life.

Good Life Kayne GIFs | Tenor

Lofty aspirations used to dictate our happiness. Didn’t get that promotion? F*ck, my career is ruined, I’m worthless and my life has no direction even if I’m only in my 20s. My trip to Japan got canceled? Instant FOMO, with hints of jealousy over my Instagram feed.

Now, we’re just glad to be safe with our families. To have not lost our jobs. And if ever any of the above does not apply, the fact that you’re still here to read this article means you’re blessed, when so many weren’t as fortunate.

That’s not to say that having dreams is a crime. But in a year filled with loss, I think we’ve come to realize that hey, failed plans aren’t the end of the world. The bare minimum is good enough. It’s decent. Maybe it always has been, but we’ve just been too distracted to take notice.

So come December 31st, if I’m still alive and kicking, expect me to tweet my thanks to the universe. Things could’ve been better, but with everything that’s happened, I’m just happy to be here.

Blessed GIFs | Tenor

The post <b> December, you’re the last one, so don’t f*ck this up </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.