Header Ads

‘Paubaya’ proves PH is the ‘hugot’ capital of the world

When I woke up to black and white photos of Julia Barretto and Joshua Garcia littering my timeline, my first thought was: ‘Did someone die?’

Thankfully, no one did. Turns out, the screenshots were taken from the MV of Moira’s single ‘Paubaya’which features the former real/reel life couple. At one point in the video, JoshLia both enter a monologue that seemingly breaks the fourth wall, as they supposedly amend over their highly controversial breakup IRL. Moira continues to croon about ‘letting go’, the tears flow, and another hugot magnet was born.

The response to the MV has been insane. I’ve seen essays and interpretations that would make thesis professors blush. A cast member claims that the pair were left to their lonesome, with the entire exchange being unscripted. There is no shortage of people being reminded of their own failed relationships or garnering a life lesson or two.

I may never understand the idea behind mourning a breakup of two people I barely know, regardless of how famous they are. Personally, the monologue was tough to watch, partly because I don’t like seeing people cry, and the other being I’m not a fan of drama (except my own).

But it’s always amusing to see how sappy Filipinos become when it comes to discussions about love. We lost our minds when Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd did their Instagram play. Not to mention K-Dramas, which are modern-day Cinderella stories with a twist.

The idea of romance is not exclusive to us, but we take it to a whole new level, to the point that we built an entire (hugot) culture around it. I’m no stranger to mulling over the ‘what-ifs’ and the ‘what-could’ve beens’ in my spare time, with ‘Iris’ by the Goo Goo Dolls on full blast.

Image result for glass case of emotion gif

I wonder why we’re like this. Is it because musing about love gives us a sense of escapism from the harsh realities of our society? Or that crying is therapeutic? Or are we’re just plain bored?

I honestly have no idea. Now excuse me while I play Love You Anymore by Michael Buble on repeat.

The post <b> ‘Paubaya’ proves PH is the ‘hugot’ capital of the world </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.