Header Ads

‘Peppa Pig’ debuted the show’s first same-sex parents

“I live with my mummy and my other mummy.”

The show debuted a lesbian polar bear couple.

For the first time in the show’s 18-year run, the popular British cartoon introduced a polar bear family with lesbian mothers.

“I’m Penny Polar Bear. I live with my mummy and my other mummy.” Penny introduced her mothers to the class.

One mummy is a doctor, the other mummy cookies spaghetti.”

Popular children's cartoon "Peppa Pig" now features a same-sex couple.

The introduction of the new family on the show came after an online petition lobbying for a gay couple to appear on the children’s program amassed over 23,000 signatures.

The petition argues the importance of having same-sex parents on the show. Peppa Pig is not just entertaining, it is a program where children learn too. Thus, it is important to represent as many family set-ups in the show so children would be made more aware and know how to address this in a real-life situation.

Peppa Pig introduces first female same-sex couple: ‘I live with my ...

We think it’s about time children’s shows tackle these issues more for the benefit of the kids! What do you think?

The post <b> ‘Peppa Pig’ debuted the show’s first same-sex parents </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.