Header Ads

Marlon Wayans says films like ‘White Chicks’ are needed in today’s cancel-culture-heavy society

‘I don’t know what planet we’re on, where you think people don’t need laughter.’

 Marlon Wayans recommended his on-screen daughter Stranger Things’ Priah Ferguson to watch ‘White Chicks’

In a conversation with BuzzFeed, Marlon Wayans, the star and co-producer of Netflix’s newest horror comedy, ‘The Curse of Bridge Hollow’, addressed the topic of censorship nowadays. He gave his opinion on whether movies like his cult classic ‘White Chicks’ could still survive in this cancel-culture-heavy climate.

If a joke is gonna get me canceled, thank you for doing me that favor. It’s sad that society is in this place where we can’t laugh anymore. I ain’t listening to this damn generation.” says Wayans.

Wayans also took this opportunity to challenge what he calls “scared” executives who are seemingly dictated by Internet trends. “I’m still gonna tell my jokes the way I tell them and if you want to make some money, jump on board. And if not, then I’ll find a way to do it myself,” adding that he knows his audience and they always end up leaving laughing and feeling great.

Wayans also touched on the subject of ‘White Chicks’ significance in a 2020 interview with Entertainment Weekly.You know who loves ‘White Chicks’ the most? White chicks.” 

Intention and delivery always matter when it comes to cracking jokes and making good comedy. Marlon Wayans ensures that: One thing about the Wayans, we’ve always told the worst joke the best way.

 

 

The post <b> Marlon Wayans says films like ‘White Chicks’ are needed in today’s cancel-culture-heavy society </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.