Header Ads

This emo couple just got a 2020 update (unlike your love life)

If you were an angsty teen during the mid-late 2000s, you’ve probably come across an artwork featuring an adorable hugging emo couple. The iconic drawing was everywhere: sappy quote posters, Friendster backgrounds, fan-made lyric videos for Boys Like Girls and My Chemical Romance, you name it.

It seems the couple is facing a resurgence in popularity as revealed by its creator Irene Strychalski, nearly 14 years after its release. To celebrate the revival, Strychalski promised an update to her work last August 2.

‘I do plan to redraw this piece soon. Hopefully, it will be something everyone likes. Maybe I will make it a tradition to redraw it every few years, even’, she wrote on Instagram.

View this post on Instagram

Hey everyone, it has recently come to my attention that a VERY old drawing of mine which apparently got popular on the Spanish-speaking internet has resurfaced. Someone suggested that I post the original here… so here's some glorious high school artwork from 2006! 😭😂 It seems to have brought about a trove of new followers, so thank you all for your support!! Gracias por el apoyo ♥ I do plan to redraw this piece soon. Hopefully it will be something everyone likes. Maybe I will make it a tradition to redraw it every few years, even. P.S. If you're new here, I mostly post work for my fantasy comic Fiendish, as well as occasional commissions, and monthly fanart for my patreons. Cheers, and welcome ♥ P. P. S. I am so going to learn Spanish now. #emo #emolove #anime #cute #chibi #drawing #olddrawings #doodle #love #cuddle #amor #hug #hugz #goth #punk #illustration #reniedraws #instaart #artofinstagram

A post shared by Irene Strychalski (@reniedraws) on

 

Fast forward a few weeks later, Strychalski pulled through! The artist, who now apparently works for Marvel, shared not one, but two new fresh iterations. They even come in wallpaper sizes so you could relive your emo phase, free of charge. Just head on over to Strychalski’s folio to download.

View this post on Instagram

Here is the redraw of the hugs illustration, as promised! I remember seeing an edit that gave the girl dark hair and a pink shirt, so I made a version with those colors too (second image). And as requested, I've also made these into wallpapers. I wanted to make sure the image quality was nice, so I put it up on my digital store- but rest assured that it's free to download (or pay what you like). You can find a link to that through my main website. Thanks to everyone for continuing to blow up my Instagram, haha. I really hope everyone likes this new iteration! 😊🖤🖤 #drawing #hugs #hug #cute #sketch #illustration #kids #manga #comics #redhead #cuddle #chibi #goth #emo #couple #squish #love #amour #sweet #artofinstagram #instaart

A post shared by Irene Strychalski (@reniedraws) on

The post <b> This emo couple just got a 2020 update (unlike your love life) </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.