Header Ads

Vice mayor called out Vico Sotto and the Internet isn’t having it

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto often appears to be praised for the way he carries out duties. But Vice Mayor Christian “Iyo” Caruncho Bernardo seems to have the opposite sentiments. He expressed his side in a video, where he defended himself from Sotto’s alleged attempt at ruining the Caruncho family’s brand of service.

Last week, Sotto called out Bernardo during the city government’s flag ceremony. He shared that the vice mayor skipped several meetings and has not been replying to his text messages. On January 18, Bernardo responded with a 4-minute clip posted on Pasig Dapat Pasigueniyo’s Facebook Page.

In the video, Bernardo clarified that he didn’t receive any calls or texts from Sotto. He continued by saying that he can let that issue pass, but said, ‘Pero para sadyain mong palabasin na ako ay nasa air conditioned room lang at hindi nagtatrabaho, kailangan kong ipaalala sayo ang ambag ko at ng aking pamilya sa Pasig.’

Bernardo, who is running against Sotto for the city’s mayorship in the 2022 elections, also mentioned that the 32-year-old is lucky since he gained popularity in the time of social media. He said, ‘Hindi mo naranasan noong panahon na sinusukat ang eleksyon sa husay ng paglilingkod. Sa kalye nasusukat ang tunay na serbisyo, ang tunay na pagmamalasakit.’

‘Nakakalungkot. Ngayon, pilit na ginagamit ang internet [para] matabunan lahat ng pagkakamali at kakulangan sa serbisyo,’ Bernardo added. He proceeded by claiming how Sotto had scolded the City Council members for increasing the tricycle drivers’ cash aid from P3,000 to P4,000.

Apart from that, the vice mayor questioned the local government’s acquisition of disinfectant drones and Sotto’s appointment of non-Pasig residents to current positions at the city hall.

While Sotto hasn’t publicly addressed Bernardo’s video, the mayor’s assistant, Al Edralin, told ABS-CBN, ‘I can confirm that Mayor Vico is focused in recuperating from COVID19, and in making sure that local government operations remain unhampered while he is in isolation.’

Meanwhile, Senate President Vicente Sotto III defended his nephew on Twitter and mentioned Vico is “an ideal public servant”. His post read, ‘The gains of Pasig are as real as Pasigueños attest. Anything said otherwise is ridiculous!’

Online users also shared their reactions between the two Pasig city officials. Many of them still defended Sotto’s governance and shared how it’s effective, while others made light of the situation and focused on Bernardo’s hairstyle in the video.

 

Banner:

The post <b> Vice mayor called out Vico Sotto and the Internet isn’t having it </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.