Header Ads

This student reveals how she got Mayor Vico to do her homework

Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto has gone viral for various things – from being praised for fighting corruption to jokingly allowing constituents to ‘kiss’ him after the pandemic. But recently, he trended for answering a second-year public administration student’s homework during an ongoing Barangay caucus.

Irish, the student in question, explained to We The Pvblic that she first reached out to Sotto on Twitter for her assignment on Local Government and Regional Administration. She knew it would be difficult to approach Sotto during the latter’s sortie in Barangay Rosario in Pasig City, so she devised a plan on how to do it.

Irish recalled, ‘Luckily, napwesto po ako sa first-row ng venue… When [Mayor Vico] finally arrived, Miss Angelu [de Leon], a candidate for city councilor was already speaking in front, so I made my way to him silently.’

Mayor Vico Sotto writing his answers | Photo Courtesy of Irish

Irish returned to her seat and watched how Sotto was going through her notes. She shared, ‘He got his phone from his pocket to show my tweet that I didn’t expect he was able to read. He asked if I’m the same person and I nodded.’

After around three to five minutes, Irish noticed Sotto, ‘I watched how he carefully fastened my pen in my notebook, para hindi malaglag at isang bigayan na lang, since someone is talking pa nga in front. I find it very thoughtful.’

‘Mayor [Vico showed his phone again, asking if he could take a picture of my notebook,’ she added. ‘I nodded then I got it back silently from him. Ang thoughtful din nu’ng he asked my permission first.’

On Twitter, Sotto tweeted a photo of the notebook containing his answers to the student’s question, ‘How can the public best participate in the planning process of the local government unit (LGU)?’ 

Sotto clarified in his post that he was referring to DILG MC No. 2019-72, which covers guidelines on accreditation of civil society organizations and selection of representatives to the local special bodies. He also wrote, ‘Ordinary citizens should take advantage of the mechanisms for participation that the government has to offer.’

Meanwhile, Irish still feels like the whole incident was surreal, ‘Right now, I still couldn’t believe how brave I am to take that kind of chance.’

‘I don’t want to forget what happened, even the smallest detail because it made my heart flutter,’ Irish added. As of writing, her group has yet to present their homework on Friday.

The post <b> This student reveals how she got Mayor Vico to do her homework </b> appeared first on WE THE PVBLIC.


Source: we the pvblic

No comments

Powered by Blogger.